Are 2 stage snow blowers good? The winter season can be a long, cold and sometimes difficult time for many of us. However, with a little bit of preparation, you can make it a little easier on yourself.
One great way to do this is with a 2-stage snow blower. Are 2 stage snow blower good to have? Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about husqvarna two stage snow blower brand that you might want to read about it.
Are 2 Stage Snow Blowers Good
Snow blower is a must have for any homeowner with a driveway. However, with the recent trend of 2 stage snow blowers, the question arises if they are better than the traditional single stage, or if they are worth the higher price. Here are the reasons why 2 stage snow blower good to have:
- The first and most obvious reason is that you can use your machine in different weather conditions such as dry days, wet days, and also stormy days. This means that in an emergency situation when there is no snow on the ground, you will be able to start using it immediately. You may not get many opportunities to do this since snow can happen only once every few years, but its always nice to know you can pull out the two stage snow blower whenever you need it.
- Second is the fact that you can control the amount of power used by the snow blower which makes the operation easier. If you want your snow blower to move faster, just increase the power level. But if you don’t want it to go at full speed, then simply reduce it. In addition, you can also adjust the throttle position so that you can make fine adjustments while operating the snow blower.
- The third advantage is that you can use the motor effectively without getting burnt out because the fan/blower blade doesn’t run at maximum capacity all the time. If the engine runs at high speeds all the time, then chances are you will burn out the motor eventually. But with a 2 stage snow blower, you can easily operate the snow blower at low speeds while still being able to clear large amounts of snow from your yard.
With the help of these advantages, one can clearly see how important it is to own a two-stage snow blower. With a smaller engine, you can comfortably take care of small yards, while using a larger engine allows you to clear much bigger areas. So whether you live in a big city where you can expect heavy snowfall or if you have a very small yard, owning a two stage snow blower is a must.
How Do You Choose The Appropriate Snow Blower?
Now that you’re familiar with the many kinds of snow blowers, you can narrow your search by considering the following factors:
- Noise: A significant disadvantage of strong gas snow blowers is their noise. That’s strenuous on your ears (which is why we highly suggest wearing ear protection while running these machines), and it’s not pleasant for your neighbors, particularly early in the morning. Consider a quiet electric or battery-powered snow blower if you do not have to deal with a lot of wet, heavy snow. “You will not need ear protection, and you will not complete the task with ringing ears,” Ford explains.
- Wheels versus tracks: The majority of snow blowers feature wheels, which facilitate maneuverability, particularly if they are engine-powered, as is the case with two-stage snow blowers. Tracks, on the other hand, provide more grip and stability, which gives them an advantage on slopes or over uneven ground, but they are also more difficult to turn.
- Electric start: This is much more convenient than tugging a pull cord in the middle of winter. With gas vehicles, the electric start is connected through a power wire to an outside outlet.
- Headlight: This is a standard feature on the majority of two- and three-stage snow blowers. “It’s a need in my book, particularly if you’re clearing out to the road and working in low-light conditions,” Ford adds.
- Hand grips that are heated: Freezing fingers make snow blowing difficult, if not impossible. “I cover a large region, and if we have 18 inches of snow, I may be dealing with snow removal for five hours,” Ford explains.
- Joystick chute control: This handed operation enables simple adjustment of the discharge chute’s vertical and horizontal direction, which is convenient if neighbors (and their automobiles) are nearby.
Our Latest Post:
- Snake Plant Can Be Expensive, What Are The Surprising Factors?
- Snake Plants In Rain: Benefits And Precautions
- Natural Fiber Snake Plant: Eco-Friendly Alternatives