If you have ever had to replace a lawn mower battery, you know how hard it can be to find the right one. Are all lawn mower batteries the same? You have a lawnmower that has lasted for years, and suddenly it won’t start. What do you do? The answer: get to know your lawnmower’s battery. In this blog, we also have an article about echo 58v lawn mower that you might want to read about it.
A lawn mower is a machine utilizing one or more revolving blades to cut a grass surface to an even height.”Wikipedia.org
What is battery lawn mower
Battery lawn mower is an electric lawn mower. It is used to cut grass by the cutting blades and rotating wheels. The battery of the lawn mower powers the mower, which moves the blades and wheels. The battery charges through a cord, plug or by using a charging station.
Before the middle of the 20th century, lawn mowers were mostly reel mowers with a cylindrical blade that got all its power from the person pushing it. “Lawrence Schumacher, author from howstuffworks.com
Benefits of battery lawn mower
Battery lawn mowers are the most convenient type of lawn mowers. These battery lawn mowers have no gas or oil to use and you don’t have to worry about the lawn being cut short. The battery lawn mowers can be used for various purposes, like, mowing the grass, trimming the hedges, cutting the weeds and many more. Here are the list benefits of using battery lawn mower:
- You don’t need fuel or oil to operate a battery powered mower
- Battery powered mowers give off less noise than gas powered ones
- Battery powered mowers save money on your electricity bill
- They are easy to carry around. With a small bag, it’s easier to move from one place to another.
- You get to enjoy nature without harming anything.
- Battery operated mowers do not pollute the environment because they don’t emit any smoke, dust or odor as compared to petrol-powered mowers.
- For people who work at home, battery mowers are a great help. A battery mower helps you save time spent in commuting.
- If you own a car, battery powered mowers are very useful for you. Most of the models come with hand levers that allow you to steer the blade while driving. This makes it possible for you to mow the lawn even when you’re riding a vehicle.
- One of the best features of the battery mowers is that they never run out of power. Even if there is little sunlight available, the mowers will still function properly and continue providing you with fresh air.
- Batteries last longer than petrol and diesel. As long as the battery lasts, you can use the mower as much as you want.
Are All Lawn Mower Batteries The Same
So, are all lawn mower batteries the same? The voltage of your lawn mower battery is determined by the voltage stated on your equipment. The majority of riding lawn mowers utilize 12-volt batteries, which are the same batteries used in most automobiles and trucks. Some batteries can operate at greater voltages, often 36 to 40 volts. These high-voltage batteries are only appropriate for powering electric walk-behind mowers.
How to charge a lawnmower battery
- A battery lawn mower normally has two connections on it: one for connecting to the charger, and another to connect to the mower itself. If you have no idea how to charge a battery, here’s what you need to know:
- The first step in charging the battery is to find out exactly what type of battery it is. This will be indicated clearly on the back of the battery. For example, if it says “12V,” this means that the battery is 12 volts DC (direct current). Most common types of batteries include AAA batteries, AA batteries, C cells, D cells, 9 volt batteries and many others. You will usually see different sizes shown, such as 3 Volts, 6 Volts etc., because these correspond to the voltage level of each battery. A higher number means a stronger power output from the battery.
- The second step in charging the battery depends on whether it needs recharging or not. Some batteries only last 1-2 years before needing to be replaced. Others may work for much longer periods but should be charged regularly.