Nowadays, log splitters are an integral part of modern wood-fired heating systems. Are log splitters worth the money ? As wood is burned in a stove, the heat can be transferred to a heated pipe system via either chimney or radiant floor heating systems. In this blog, we also have an article about yardmax 5 ton electric log splitter that you might want to read about it.
A log splitter is a piece of machinery or equipment used for splitting firewood from softwood or hardwood logs that have been pre-cut into sections, usually by chainsaw or on a saw bench.”Wikipedia.org
What is Log Splitter
A log splitter is a machine used to split logs into smaller pieces. This machine is useful for felling trees and splitting logs into firewood. It is also used to split logs in the construction industry. This machine is also called as log splitter, log bucker, and log cracker. The main function of these machines is that they split logs into multiple firewood pieces. These firewood pieces are usually not more than five inches in length, but it depends on the type of log splitter you buy.
Log Splitters provide a safe, easy and efficient method of splitting wood. It eliminates the hard work of creating firewood or kindling, leaving you able to heat your home without the exhausting and time-consuming work of splitting wood with an axe.”ForestMaster.com
Benefits of Log Splitter
- There are many benefits of using log splitters. One of them is that it saves time when cutting down trees. A person may need to cut down a tree with his/her hands once. But this process takes several hours if done manually. However, a log splitter reduces this task to just minutes. Thus, it helps you save time.
- Log splitters help in reducing the cost of fuel. People use different types of fuels such as wood, coal, oil etc. These fuels all burn very well because of their high temperature and low moisture content. However, one common problem with those fuels is that they are expensive. And this is true especially with oil. Therefore, by using a log splitter, we reduce our expenditure on buying fuel.
- Log splitters are easy to use. Unlike other tools that require much attention from users, log splitters are simple to operate. You don’t have to worry about any technicalities while using them. If you want to purchase a good quality log splitter, then there are some things that you must consider.
- They are durable and reliable. Once you get your log splitter, you will see that it lasts long without requiring repairs. Also, they last longer than their counterparts.
- They are safe to use. Log splitters do not harm anyone. In fact, when you are using them, you are actually helping people. Because of its size, it is difficult for children to access and handle them so that they could hurt themselves.
- They work effectively. When you install a log splitter in your home, you will see that you no longer need to go out and chop down trees yourself. Now, you can simply wait until the log splitter does the job for you.
- Finally, log splitters allow you to enjoy the beauty of nature around you. By using a log splitter to make firewood, you are helping conserve the environment.
Are log splitters worth the money
Yes it is! When you purchase a log splitter, you’re making a good investment. Just as with any other kind of equipment, you’ll have to pay the upfront cost, which is ideally the price of the machine as well as the accompanying expenses on things like gas and oil. But once you start using your new machine, its value will increase dramatically. For example, if you bought a $10,000 model, over 10 years you could expect to receive about $40,000 in additional profits! That may seem like a lot, but consider that the first year you would only be paying around $3,500 in maintenance fees. After ten years, you’d earn back 100% of your initial investment.
Type of Log Splitter
Depending on what you want to accomplish, there are several different types of log splitters available today. Some are better suited for certain applications while others are designed for very specific purposes. Here we look at three common categories and provide information on each one.
Straight splitters are most commonly used for making firewood. The reason for this choice is because they are simple and easy to operate. However, they are also quite slow, especially when compared to other styles. One thing that makes them slower is the amount of weight required by the operator.
This means that you will have to climb up into the machine often to adjust the height of the blade. And since these units require a great deal of strength, they cannot be operated by just anybody.
Circular splitters are also known by a number of names including round cutters, barrel splitters or ring splitters. These types of machines are usually equipped with blades that are capable of cutting cylindrical logs into uniform pieces. They are primarily designed to help you create square cut blocks, though they can also be useful when creating other shapes.