Can a zero turn pull a trailer? When you think of a zero turn lawn mower,
…you might think of how easy it is to manoeuvre and the ease of use that comes with it.
But can a zero-turn pull a trailer?
Read this article until end to know more about can a zero-turn pull a trailer.
In this blog, we also have an article about ariens zero turn lawn mower brand
…that you might want to read about it.
Can A Zero Turn Pull A Trailer
It may seem like a silly question, but the answer is yes.
Zero-turn mower is designed to be used on large lawns that have been cut down to a tee.
The large, wide tires help it to maneuver over obstacles.
such as tree stumps or rocks while maintaining a straight line.
Zero-turn mowers are not to be used on small or intricate areas like gardens.
Can You Tow With A Zero Turn Mower?
A zero turn mower can be towed by another vehicle.
This is because it has a strong engine that can handle the extra weight. A
ny size zero turn mower can pull a trailer.
How Much Weight Can A Mower Tow?
A z-turn mower is designed to tow heavy loads such as trailers and other vehicles.
To do this, this lawn mower needs to be equipped with powerful engines and strong transmissions.
In addition to these features, it must be light enough to be towed by a vehicle.
This means that it should weigh less than 10 tons.
For example, a 50- inch Toro Timecutter weighs about 621 pounds,
…but it can tow about 370 pounds. You weigh about 200 pounds,
…so the maximum weight your zero-turn mower can tow is about 170 pounds.
Though this is a generally true rule, it doesn’t always apply to all zero-tors.
Your mower’s towing capacity is always indicated on the manual.
However, if it’s a used machine, always check whether it can tow up to half or double its weight.
A commercial model can tow up to twice the weight of its weight,
…given that its design is made to pull heavy loads beyond the weight of the machine.
Zero-turn Towing Capacity
A zero-turn mower’s towing capability varies based on the brand, model,
…and total weight of your individual ZTR (including the rider’s weight).
Having stated that, the tables below describe the towing capacity of the most common brands…
….as well as their versions.
Pulling A Trailer With A Zero Turn Mower General Precautions
Towing a trailer with a zero turn mower is risky,
…and you should use utmost care at all times. Keep the following in mind:
- Keep children (and others) away from towing machinery for their own safety.
- Always make wide turns while towing to prevent the possibility of jack-knifing (zero turn skidding that causes the trailer to spin around and collide with it).
- Stopping the mower may be difficult because of the additional weight. As a result, drive slowly and allow additional yards if you want to stop. It is critical that you do not shift into neutral or coast downward.
- Towing on sloping land should be avoided since the extra weight (from the pulled trailer) may cause it to lose traction and control, perhaps leading to a tragedy.
- Similarly, avoid towing near risks such as ditches and canals.
- Furthermore, tow only after installing a hitch designed exclusively for towing trailers, as described in the operator’s handbook.
- Finally, never exceed the trailer’s manufacturer’s suggested weight restrictions. Doing so may be pushing your luck too far and may possibly cause harm to your mower.
Recommended Zero Turn Mowers That Are Strong Enough To Tow Trailers
Our Latest Post:
- How To Reset Husqvarna Automower? 6 Superb Facts That You Should Know About This Garden Tool
- Why Did My Pressure Washer Hose Burst? 5 Superb Reasons Behind It
- Rhino Lawn or Snake Plant Care- Unbelievably Easy Rhino Grass Care Guide! (2021)