How do I know if my snowblower is 2 stage? We all know that snowblowers are more efficient in clearing snow than shovels. But what is the difference between all the type of snowblower. Read this article until the end to know more about how do I know if my snowblower is 2 stage or not. In this blog, we also have an article about best ariens 921046 two stage snow blower that you might want to read about it.
Two-stage snow blowers have a self-propelled transmission with forward and reverse speeds that propel the unit in order to assist the user.”briggsandstratton.com
What is a snowblower
Snow blowers are machines that remove the top layer of ice and compacted snow from yards, driveways or sidewalks to provide smooth terrain for driving cars on icy roads in winter months. Typically they run off electricity but some have gas engines. They work by moving across an area pushing aside loose materials rather than chopping them into smaller pieces as plows do; this means less material has to be carried away when you need your driveway clear again!
Some models include a spreader auger (snow spreading blade) or chute (a tube with rotating blades) at the rear so the machine can either push the snow forward or throw it outwards. Snow blowers are usually electric powered, although some larger ones may use gasoline. The speed of the motor is controlled by a throttle lever which turns the power up or down.
Stage two is when the snow and ice are thrown above at a distance reaching as far as 50 feet through the discharge chute. Understandably, the 2 stage snow blower has more moving parts and a stronger engine than a single-stage machine.”agreenhand.com
What is a two stage snowblower
A two stage snowblower is a snow blower with a second auger which helps you to throw snow up to 40 feet in the air. It is also called as a twin auger snow blower. These types of snow blowers are very useful in removing heavy, wet and deep snow. The main difference between two stage and single stage snow blowers is that two stage snow blowers can throw the snow much higher. A two stage snow blower uses both the augers . This type of snow blower is used in areas where snowfall is high and more than one inch thick.
It is easy to clean. You don’t need to worry about any kind of mess left behind after using. Moreover, these snow blowers take away all the snow and debris from the surfaces. These types of snowblowers come with adjustable height handles. With their help, you can easily handle the snow blower without getting hurt.
How Do I Know If My Snowblower Is 2 Stage
So, how do I know if my snowblower is 2 stage? Counting the number of augers is probably the simplest method to identify whether you have a 2-stage snowblower. A two-stage snowblower will have two augers, one for collecting snow and the other for removing it.
Benefits of using snowblower
The benefits of owning a snow blower are:
- Get rid of snow quickly – Snow blowers are very helpful in removing snow very quickly. They make sure everything gets cleared in no time. Even if there is a lot of snow, you won’t have to wait long before clearing your driveway or lawn.
- Save time – When compared to other kinds of shoveling devices, snow blowers save lots of time and energy. Because they are able to move large amounts of snow within minutes, they are highly efficient.
- Reduce back pain – If you own a snow blower, you will not have to bend over while trying to shove snow under your car tires. Also, you will not get tired out because you do not have to stand for hours during the process.
- Keep your yard cleaner – Since you can do most of the cleaning in just 20-30 minutes, it saves a huge amount of time.
- Use less fuel – Some people think that you should buy snow blowers that require little fuel, but actually, this isn’t true. In fact, a well maintained snow blower consumes less fuel than a standard one. And the best part is that you can increase its efficiency by putting in new parts like impellers and brush guards.
- Remove dead plants – Before you start clearing your yard, ensure you cut down all those bushes and trees. Using a snow blower is better than cutting them down manually. This equipment will take care of all the hardwood branches, leaves and even stumps. Don’t forget to keep an eye on your garden too. You may want to consider getting a good quality snow blower for gardening purposes.