How long to keep growing light on? Growing Light is a great way to save money on electricity bills and make your home more comfortable. It’s also a great way to make your home more attractive.
The question is, how long should you keep the light on? Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about best grow light on amazon that you might want to read about it.
How Long To Keep Growing Light On
So, how long to keep growing light on? Here are the breakdown for it:
- It’s impossible to give a straightforward answer to this question because so many elements come into play. Plants and seeds of various sorts require varied amounts of water and warmth, as well as different light concentrations and exposures, in order to grow properly.
- Many houseplants and flowers thrive when placed under grow lights for sixteen hours a day, but some only require six hours. The reason for this is that, in addition to the light, you need consider other aspects of the plant, such as watering and soil, before making a purchase.
- Plants need as much darkness as they need light in order to use all the energy they have made. Even though the sun doesn’t shine 24 hours a day, plants too require rest and recuperation in order to become stronger.
- Light concentration, the grow light you choose, and the color range of the light all affect the amount of light a plant receives.
Is it possible to grow plants using an ordinary light bulb?
Grow lights work by emitting different wavelengths of light. Regular bulbs emit white light, which isn’t enough for plants. A grow light emits red, blue and green light, which helps plants grow. Grow lights are usually shaped differently than regular bulbs, and they often have more power.
Some grow lights may appear to be similar to regular household globals. But keep in mind how our eyes perceive light. How plants perceive and use it is very different.
What Should I Do With My Grow Light?
Plants need direct sunlight to photosynthesize. Grow lights should be placed directly over plants to provide them with the necessary amount of light. However, if you want to place grow lights in lamps, make sure that the lamps are made specifically for growing plants.
Grow lights should be placed above plants, because if you put them below, the plants will grow downwards. This is similar to how plants grow naturally, but indoors they tend to grow upwards.
How far away should a grow light be from my plants?
Plants should be placed as close to a grow light as possible. Light intensity increases as the distance decreases.
Grow lights should be placed as close to the plants as possible. This allows them to get maximum exposure to light. Bulbs should be spaced out to avoid burning the plants.
What is the optimum color for a grow light?
You may have noticed that grow lights come in a variety of colors. This is due to the fact that plants utilise distinct light wavelengths for different purposes, such as blooming, fruiting, and general foliage development.
I recommend a broad spectrum bulb as a complement to a grow light for your indoor plants (aka leafy, green growth). A full spectrum grow lamp will offer plants with the whole spectrum of light they need (and if you can get a white one, they will look much more attractive than colored ones)!
Other common grow light colors are red, blue, and red and blue together. Red light promotes blooming, whereas blue light promotes vegetative development. However, if a plant receives too much of one color, it may become distorted or out of shape.
What Grow Light Should I Use for my Indoor Plants?
For indoor plant growth, use a full spectrum LED white light. This type of light provides both red and blue wavelengths, which helps plants grow better. You can also buy these lights as a pendant light, which hangs above a group of plants.
Our Latest Post:
- 5 Best Lawn Tractor With Bucket!
- Must-Have Strong And Versatile Diesel Lawn Tractor! (2022)
- Which is The Best Riding Lawn Mower Battery Powered Ryobi VS Cub Cadet (2022)