How much do wood chippers cost? Wood chippers are simple machines that can quickly reduce tree trunks to manageable pieces. Their blades spin at a high speed, tearing the bark and limbs off the tree trunk, while the machine’s rotating auger feeds the chips into a hopper. After running for several minutes, or until all of the wood has been chipped, it ejects everything into a nearby pit. In this blog, we also have an article about best efcut c30 mini wood chipper that you might want to read about it.
A tree chipper or woodchipper is a machine used for reducing wood into smaller woodchips.”Wikipedia.org
What is a wood chipper
A wood chipper basically converts the logs into chips which can be fed directly to grinder or it helps in making pulp used for paper and other purposes. It consists of different components like, cutter head unit with motor etc., control panel where you have all controls connected by wires as well as power supply cable.
The machine cuts down trees from small areas ranging between 10-20 acres depending on size cutting capacity, blade diameter, number of blades installed along its shafts; they are usually made up mostly out aluminum alloy material but some models may use steel/cast iron instead. A good quality model will also include an air filter that should not clog easily nor does dust get stuck inside during operation because then when you start running your process there would always be debris getting sucked towards intake section due to vacuum effect hence causing damage.
A tree chipper or wood chipper is a machine used for reducing wood (generally tree limbs or trunks) into smaller woodchips. They are often portable, being mounted on wheels on frames suitable for towing behind a truck or van.”psdgroundscare.co.uk
How Much Do Wood Chippers Cost
So, how much do wood chippers cost? There are different types of wood chippers. Some are very cheap, while others are very expensive. So, how much do wood chippers cost? Well, the price of a wood chipper depends on the type of wood chipper you want to buy. There are some cheap wood chippers available in the market, but these are not durable and can break down within a few months.
If you want to use a wood chipper for an extended length of time, you may want to consider purchasing one rather than renting one. If this is the case, you should compare models to ensure you are getting the best deal. The smallest ones cost less than $200, but they have a defined capacity limit. The most powerful variants might cost up to $2000. This also excludes the cost of the gas required to run them.
Consideration before buying wood chipper
It is a big investment to buy a wood chipper. It can be a very useful machine for every homeowner, it can also be a dangerous machine. Here are some consideration before buying wood chipper:
- You should consider if you want the machine to be mobile or stationary (stationary means fixed position).
- If the machine is going to be used for commercial purpose it has to be certified. This certification is done by the manufacturer based on certain standards.
- The price of the machine depends entirely upon the type, brand and features you choose for your machine.
- The maintenance cost is another factor to take into consideration while buying a wood chipper. An average maintenance cost per month ranges between $100-$200 for professional machines.
- How much space you have available at home/yard area and how many trees you need to cut off.
- What kind of fuel you intend to run this machine with – electricity, propane gas, natural gas or charcoal briquettes.
- Some people find a portable option more convenient than a stationary one.
Benefits of using wood chipper
If you are using a wood chipper, then you must be aware of the benefits of using wood chipper. We have collected some of the best benefits of using wood chipper for you to know about:
- 1) Save time: When compared to chopping wood manually, this machine saves time by doing all the hard work for you.
- 2) Energy efficient: In comparison to other methods like burning firewood which require large amounts of energy, using a wood chipper results in lesser waste and better efficiency.
- 3) Reduce noise: While chopping wood manually you have to keep watching over your child while he/she plays around the tree. But while operating a chipper, you don’t need to worry about any such things. Because the noise produced by the machine is minimal.
- 4) Can chop multiple items: A manual method of chopping requires you to carry heavy logs and branches to the location where you plan to chop them. On the contrary, with a wood chipper you just need to feed the trees to the machine and it does the rest.