The bathroom is an excellent place for adding a decorative touch of greenery. Since most bathrooms have light colors, this will give the place a contrast. Some varieties are tolerant of low light conditions, making them suitable for low maintenance plants.
Is the Bathroom a Good Place for Plants?
There is no reason why plants shouldn’t be placed in your bathroom. However, the type of plant you choose for decorating your bathroom becomes an important factor.
- Plants that are tolerant of humid conditions and get ample amounts of sunlight can survive in your bathroom window if it is a south or east-facing one.
Nevertheless, you should always keep the humidity level in the bathroom at a reasonable level for better results.
Look for low-light plants and place them near the windows if your bathroom does not receive enough sunlight.
Try to keep the humidity under control by
- Using an exhaust fan
- Towels and clothes drying outside
- Keep the windows and door open for better air circulation
- Staying aware of the heat generated while taking hot showers.
- When nothing else works, using a dehumidifier
Are succulents able to thrive in bathrooms? A succulent is the ideal plant that you can grow in a bathroom. Almost all succulents are extremely easy to care for and can do well in low lighting situations. In contrast to tropical plants, you do not need to water them regularly. Also, many succulents can withstand humid conditions in the air. It is important since bathrooms are generally a very moist environment.
- They tend to have low watering requirements but have quite high water requirements when overwatered. To be safe, you may want to consider placing your plants in pots that have drainage holes.
- The pots can be placed on trays, and after watering, the excess water can be drained off one hour after watering.
So let’s get started!
The native country is South Africa.
Its fleshy leaves make it one of the most popular dwarf succulents.
- I like the unique shape of this small succulent, which is slim and bluish-green in color.
The plant is mostly famous for its distinctive leaves and it produces white flowers in summer.
Cushion Aloe is another name for it.
How do you care for Haworthia Cooperi?
Despite the fact that Haworthia Cooperi needs very little water, it is still vulnerable to being overwatered.
- Water only when the soil feels dry, and make sure to put them in a succulent friendly pot.
- In summer, you can water once a week if the soil feels dry and about once every 12 to 17 days during the winter.
- Make sure to place them near the window so that it receives bright light. Ideally, they thrive in warm temperatures.
Most plants won’t outgrow their pot due to the fact that they don’t grow exceptionally fast. However, you should change the pot and the soil once every 2 to 3 years for best results.
This is a popular succulent that has been used in interior décor for thousands of years.
- If you fulfill the basic growth requirements, you can literally place them anywhere in the house and it will grow just fine. This plant puts a soothing touch wherever it goes with its flashy leaves and deep green color.
The succulents are superior air purifiers like most succulents and are known to actively remove formaldehyde and benzene from the air. They can survive moderate levels of moisture because of the fleshy leaves.
Basic caring Tips for Aloe vera
Their low maintenance needs make them very easy to look after.
- During the day, they do better if kept in bathrooms that are moderately exposed to sunlight.
- Make sure the plants are grown in a cactus soil mix and rotate the pot from time to time toward the window to ensure they receive light evenly.
- Make sure the soil is properly moist before watering, preferably by using a moisture meter. When in doubt don’t over water them as they store an incredible amount of water as do all succulents, and when in doubt don’t water at all.
Is Aloe Vera toxic?
Pets and humans encounter aloe vera fairly frequently because of its saponin content. So if you have children or pets at home keep the medicine out of their reach in the bathroom. Common symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, etc.
Mexico and Central America are the countries of origin.
The Echeveria plant comes in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. Most of them come in a rosette arrangement, which further varies in size, shape, and color.
The succulents in this list are significantly smaller than other succulents. They achieve a height of 3-4 inches.
- Leaves have a unique arrangement of rosette patterns and pinkish colors along the edges.
- During the growing season, they produce yellowish flowers.
- It’s completely nontoxic for pets
It is particularly low maintenance due to its small size and can thrive in moderate sunlight. It does well in smaller pots and requires less regular watering.
The wide firm leaves have vibrant hues and are sure to attract anyone who enters the bathroom. Snake plants are one of the best succulents to grow because they are highly adaptable in nature.
Air-purifying Snake Plants can draw benzene, benzene, xylene, toluene, formaldehyde, and other chemicals from the air. They also can withstand variable humidity levels.
A snake plant can thrive at any humidity level, thus making them ideal for indoor growing.
- Since they are hardy and tough, they can thrive quite well under a little neglect. They do well with lidttle water and do well in smaller pots hence will take up less space.
- It is best to use a plant mix compatible with cactus and to use a strong pot made of preferred terracotta so the roots are strong and strong.
- While watering, always target the stem base and adjacent soil and not the leaves since water absorption occurs through the roots so make sure to give the soil a good washing. Other than being the cause of infections and pest manifestations, wet branches may also damage roots.
- Sunlight levels ranging from low to moderate are ideal for plant growth.
Keep snake plants out of the reach of children and pets since they can be quite toxic.
Chinese Money Plant
Pelea peperomioides biological name
Also known as UFO plant, Pancake plant, etc.
Why is it called a Chinese money plant?
First of all, the plant is from China, and secondly, the leaves resemble the shape of Chinese coins. Hence, the name Chinese money plant.
These succulents have been cultivated for many thousands of years in Asia and are thought to be lucky charms.
- Can grow up to 10-12 inches long.
- The plant grows quite rapidly in nature and, in hotter months, produces whitish flowers.
- It is best to place them in the bathroom where the relative humidity is between 50% and 60%.
How to care for Chinese Money Plant
What amount of light does a Chinese money plant need? If you can grow the Chinese money plant near the window, it will prefer indirect bright light. Make sure that it gets even distribution of sunlight throughout by rotating the plant from time to time. If this is not done, all of the branches will stretch and grow in one direction only, toward the sunlight.
- Use a pot soil that dries well. Do not water the pots too much when they are dry. In warmer months, watering will need to be more frequent.
- You should use fertilizer at least once a year, and make sure you dilute it about 50% with water before you use it.
The baby off growths from the money plant can be propagated directly from the soil because it shoots these from the roots. The baby plant can be safely removed from its pot after it has developed roots using a sterile knife and placed in another pot.
There are still many recent and interesting articles about Snake Plants..
..as well as other unique information from All Things Gardener..
For further information and other inquiries..
..you can contact us here