it is difficult to design your dream home. It is advisable to incorporate elements that can attract positive energies while building the house. Because of this, you are likely to encounter the most common term, i.e. Vastu Shastra. According to Hindu beliefs and ideals, Vastu shastra is all about deciding on the design of the home’s structure in accordance with some set principles. In Vastu, it is believed that every room possesses some inherent energy skewed towards negative aspects or positive ones. Adding positive elements within negative spaces will help neutralize their detrimental effects. The Vastu system suggests that plants balance the energies of the place. Therefore, Vastu plants are included when decorating a home.
People can also gain from the natural element of greenery, which is spoken of in Vastu shastra. Planting trees and plants will infuse your home with prosperity and luck and give you the best energy. As far as the significance of Vastu for home is concerned, it helps to harmonize nature, and some specific plants work best to provide the desired balance to your home. Besides giving vitality and energy, plants make your home more comfortable and stress-free.
Would you know what Vastu plants are best for bedrooms, kitchens, or your entire house? Don’t worry, you will receive all your questions answered. But, first, you should know that Vastu isn’t easy to apply to your home. Plants should be placed in different rooms according to specific guidelines and prescribed rules.
Before adding plants as per Vastu to your home, make sure you know the following guidelines.
- Directions play an important role in Vastu Shastra for the home, and understanding the Vastu significance of these directions will help harmonize the home ideally. Vedic philosophy suggests that four directions represent nature’s elements:
The South West area represents Earth or Bhumi.
The North East area represents Water or Jal.
The North West area represents Air or Vayu.
The South East area represents Fire or Agni.
Vyom represents the central space in the house.
- The five elements should be in harmony in order to maximize the positive flow of energy in the house. The following points should be kept in mind when choosing the perfect Vastu plant for your home:
- North or East should be the direction of the outdoor lawn.
- Avoid water bodies in the southwest direction, resulting in a loss of mental peace, happiness, and wealth.
- Do you want your own rock garden? Regardless of which direction you choose, make sure it is southwest.
- Large plants and trees thrive in the southwest direction.
- If you plant worm-attracting, snake-attracting, and honeybee-attracting trees you will have bad luck for yourself and your family.
- It is best not to plant tall trees near the entrance to your home because they can block the energy flow.
- Tamarind trees should not be planted because, according to Vastu beliefs, these trees attract evil spirits.
- It is said that planting flowering plants will bring prosperity and good luck in life.
- Potted plants can be considered a positive source of energy.
- Keep dry-out leaves away from the home as they can have a negative effect on the atmosphere.
- Among such plants is the peepal which can take root through the house’s walls. However, people hesitate to remove them since they are not regarded as a good omen. A small puja before removing the plant is the best way to accomplish the task.
- Bonsai plants are not to be kept at home under Vastu principles because they affect a home’s vibe negatively and will cause financial stagnation.
- Caring for plants is crucial, since dying and rotting plants at home do not signify a good omen.
- When creepers infest your house, they can attach themselves to your walls and start damaging them. Negative energies are attracted to the damaged walls.
- You should avoid keeping thorny plants in your home because they bring in negative energy and disturb the place’s positive energy. Thorny plants like the cactus reflect negativity and death. Hence, they are sometimes considered unlucky.
- For home décor, it’s better to avoid them.
Best Vastu Plants for Home
A bountiful and beautiful gift from nature to humankind continues to be nature itself. They not only contribute to the control of natural flaws like pollution and hazardous toxins, but have a lot more to offer. Growing pollution levels have made it necessary to decorate our homes with a golden green plant. Plants are not only important for purifying the air and decorating the home. According to Vastu Shastra, it is also possible to place indoor plants in a home to bring good luck, prosperity, positivity, wealth, and good health.
So here is a list of the Vastu plants suitable for home interiors to balance the flow of positive energies:
1. Golden Pothos
Botanical Name: Epipremnum aureum
Common Name: Devil’s ivy
The benefits of keeping Golden Pothos in the home include:
- Spreading positive energy in the house with Golden Pothos will reduce negative energy.
- Wealth and good fortune are attracted to this flower, making it a perfect gift.
- The negative energies around this area will be destroyed by following the Vastu guidelines.
- A good air purification plant will also increase the quality and quantity of oxygen inside your house.
- It can also help with mental problems like stress and anxiety if you have this place nearby.
- It is best to place Golden Pothos in the southeast direction.
- Plants cannot be placed in the northeast direction.
2. Lucky Bamboo Plant
Botanical Name: Dracaena sanderiana
Common Name: Curly Bamboo
You can keep a Lucky Bamboo plant in your home for the following reasons:
- When kept in the most suitable direction, this plant attracts positive energy in the surrounding area.
- When you surround yourself with this gem plant, you can have a peaceful life with your friends.
- When given on any special occasion or merriment, they act like a lucky charm.
- It is one of the most popular and beneficial Vastu plants for homes, offices, kitchens, and entrances.
- Sending lucky bamboo plants online can help bring prosperity, peace, and happiness to your dear ones.
- In the southeast direction, lucky bamboo plants are ideal because they bring good fortune.
- A plant with six stalks is perfect for getting the maximum benefits.
3. Snake Plant
Botanical Name: Dracaena trifasciata
Common Name: Mother in law’s tongue
Advantages of Snake Plants in the home:
- A snake plant attracts positive energy and can be kept around your home.
- Plants like this one help create a healthy environment for your family.
- In addition to working as an air-purifying plant, the snake plant can absorb airborne toxins such as formaldehyde.
- Carbon dioxide is very harmful to our bodies and minds. Thus, keeping this amazing plant at home will help reduce the level of CO2.
- A snake plant will help reduce your stress levels and anxiety if kept in the living room.
- You should keep snake plant in the bedroom in the south or east direction.
4. Rubber Plant
Botanical Name: Ficus elastica
Common Name: Indian rubber tree
There are several benefits to keeping Rubber plants in the home.
- Your rubber plant will be more auspicious if you keep it in your garden.
- Plants like this are believed to bring you good fortune.
- In your living room or kitchen, you can keep this plant as a potted plant to spread a positive vibe around.
- It will bring financial prosperity to those you love if you give them a rubber plant.
- It is a perfect Vastu plant for the office since it brings success and wealth.
- Keeping the rubber plant in the living room in the southeast direction is the ideal location.
There are still many recent and interesting articles about Snake Plants..
..as well as other unique information from All Things Gardener..
For further information and other inquiries..
..you can contact us here