Do I need a two stage snow blower? When you purchase a snow blower, you may feel that the machine will do all the work for you. That may not be true. You should also understand what kind of snow your yard receives and how much snow falls in your area to determine which size machine is best for you. Read this article until end to know more about do I need a two stage snow blower or not. In this blog, we also have an article about best ariens 921046 two stage snow blower that you might want to read about it.
Two-stage snow blowers have a self-propelled transmission with forward and reverse speeds that propel the unit in order to assist the user.”briggsandstratton.com
What is a snow blower
A snow blower is a device used to clear snow from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and other areas where snow accumulates. Snow blowers are powered by an engine, which is usually a two-stroke engine. They typically have either a push or pull handle. The operator controls the speed of the engine by varying the position of the handle. A snow blower can remove snow from sidewalks and driveways quickly and efficiently. They are also useful for clearing walkways and patios in front of commercial buildings.
The snow blower has been around since the early 20th century, but its popularity grew during the 1980s when it became more affordable. In recent years, the price of snow blowers has continued to fall as the technology improves and manufacturers reduce costs. Today, most snow blowers cost less than $1000. However, there are some models that exceed this amount in prices.
Stage two is when the snow and ice are thrown above at a distance reaching as far as 50 feet through the discharge chute. Understandably, the 2 stage snow blower has more moving parts and a stronger engine than a single-stage machine.”agreenhand.com
Types of snow blowers include
- Cordless snow blowers use rechargeable batteries instead of gasoline, allowing you to travel longer distances without refueling. Battery capacity will vary depending on how long you plan to operate your snow blower before recharging. Some battery power units can be recharged within just a few hours if you need to stop immediately after using the machine.
- Corded snow blowers are heavy because they require electrical cords to run them. This type of device usually weighs over 100 pounds and requires 2 people to move it. When moving these types of machines, make sure both operators know exactly what their roles are. One person should be pushing and the other pulling. If one of the operators gets tired out too soon, he will not be able to continue to push the machine and it could tip over.
- Gas powered snow blowers are much lighter than corded snow blowers because they do not require electricity. These devices are made with plastic frames and weigh between 15 and 25 lbs. They work best on very light, dry powdery snow.
- Electric snow blowers are great for homeowners who live in snowy climates. Electric snow blowers are lightweight and easy to maneuver around tight spaces. To start up, users simply press a button.
- Self propelled snow blowers are a newer option to traditional hand snow blowers. They are designed with wheels that allow them to roll through deep snow. Self propelled snow blowers may take time to learn, but once mastered, they offer many advantages.
Do I Need A Two Stage Snow Blower?
So, do I need a two stage snow blower? Yes it is! a two stage snow blower is very useful for a person who is going to have a big driveway. Here are the reasons why you need a two stage snow blower:
- It will give you better control of the snow blowing process. You can easily adjust the amount of horsepower you want to generate.
- It will save you money by giving you the ability to blow more snow at first. As the snow piles get higher, the snow blower will become overloaded and struggle to keep up. By letting the smaller part of the blade go first, it will prevent the snow blower from having to fight so hard against the weight of the pile. The result is that it will be able to reach the top layers of snow faster.
- It will help you stay away from damaging the blades. With a two stage snow blowers, the large impeller is placed directly behind the small impeller, which helps to protect the larger impeller from breaking or bending.
- It will enable you to quickly remove any excess snow before it starts to compact into ice. It allows you to clear the driveway in one fell swoop.
- It will allow you to use the same snow blower several times, each time getting a little bit deeper into the snow. This will cut down on your maintenance time.
- It will let you cover more ground during a single pass. Many two stage snow blowers come equipped with a hose and nozzle attachment. This makes it possible to clean off sidewalks and driveways.
- It will allow you and other family members to enjoy the benefits of winter together without being trapped inside.
- It can improve air quality indoors when there is no outdoor access. Allowing the snow to fall outside gives the air a chance to warm up and mix with the incoming fresh air.