How Long Do Pressure Washers Last?
So how long do pressure washers last? In general, most well know pressure washer companies guaranty their machine for at least 500 hours. Most persons use it for around 50 hours each year. That means that a well-maintained pressure washer should last at least 10 years. Of course, this will differ from brand to brand and from person to person.
To get the best from your pump, be careful with overheating, cavitation, and using it with the wrong unloader valve settings. In this blog, we also have an article about best pressure washers on amazon that you might want to read about it.
A pressure washer is the perfect tool to work magic on concrete or decking, walkways, patios, steps, and more. The best models can erase months or even years of stains with a brief blast.Consumerreports.org
What is Pressure Washer
A pressure washer is a device used to clean surfaces such as concrete driveways or sidewalks by spraying water under high pressure. These machines are commonly found in both residential and commercial environments. There are two types of pressure washer: gas powered and electric.
The gas powered ones require fuel tanks to power them, while the electric ones can run on rechargeable batteries. Gas powered models may have less range than electric ones but they are more powerful. Electric models come in different sizes and prices ranging anywhere between $200-$2,000 depending on your needs.
What Does A Pressure Washer Do?
Pressure washing removes dirt, grease, and grime from any surface. Depending on what you’re cleaning, there are many uses for a pressure washer:
- Drywall and wallboard – Use it for removing paint and mildew stains from drywall and walls. It also makes cleaning those areas easier because you don’t need to remove all the layers of paint and grime covering them.
- Woods – This is an effective way to clean outdoor wooden furniture. You can spray the entire tree with water to prevent wood rot and other diseases. Wood tends to absorb the chemicals used in pressure washing so you won’t damage it after cleaning it. You can even apply pressure washing treatments to hardwood flooring, if it’s not already treated.
- Concrete – Concrete gets quite dirty over time, especially when exposed to air pollution. Once washed properly, it doesn’t crack easily like unpainted concrete. It’s great for cleaning driveways, walkways, patios, parking lots, and much more.
- Fences – They can become very difficult to keep clean. If you’re having trouble keeping them free from debris, then consider getting some pressure washing services.
- Grass – Grass tends to grow a lot faster than other plants. Spraying it with water helps in promoting healthier growth.
- Brick and cement – Brick and cement surfaces tend to attract dust and soil. Using a pressure washer will help rid these surfaces of dust and dirt, making them look better.
- Painting Surfaces – Painting a surface takes a tremendous amount of work and time. With a pressure washer, you can save yourself a lot of hassle and effort. Just make sure you follow all safety precautions before doing it to avoid injuries.
Pressure washers are part garden hose and part air compressor. A typical pressure washer has either a gas-fueled engine or electrical powered motor that powers a water pump. The pump accelerates the water, supplied from a garden hose, to produce high pressure.”briggsandstratton.com
How can I make my pressure washer last longer?
The engine and pump are the two most important components for extending the life of a pressure washer. Both require routine maintenance. This is mostly the pump in the case of an electric pressure washer. Turning off the machine while not in use helps to keep the pump from overheating.
Maintain enough water supply to the pump and keep an eye on the unloader valve. There are some basic things you can do to extend the life of your pressure washer pump:
- Learn how to troubleshoot a pump failure: Familiarize yourself with the functions of your pressure washer’s many components. Keep a close eye on the pump. When you observe a malfunctioning pump, learn how to identify it.
- Turn off when not in use: When not in use, turn off the pressure washer. This will assist you in avoiding the circular motion of the water in the pump, which can cause overheating.
- Examine the water supply: Ascertain that the pressure washer has an enough water supply.
- Unloader Valve: The unloader valve controls the flow of water. Check that it is properly configured.
- Flush It: Flush the pressure washer on a regular basis to remove any mineral accumulation in the pump.
Hello, I am Yoseph, in my spare time I become a gardener and music composer♬.
I love gardening because it is a wonderful way to feel grounded, calm and connected to the earth. There are many things about gardening that I enjoy; picking flowers in the summer, planting vegetables in the fall, and harvesting produce in the winter. I also love how beautiful my garden is, watching plants grow into tall trees or being able to see all of my hard work unfold every year🎕🎕.
Its really help me to killing time and its also relaxing.