how much does a rear tine tiller cost? Tillers are a must have in any garden for efficiently breaking up hard soil or turning over soil to plant seeds.
Tillers are also great for breaking up hard soil to make it easier to plant seeds. Rear tine tillers are a great choice for the beginner gardener. They are easy to use and are versatile. Read this article unitl end to know more about how much does a rear tine tiller cost. In this blog, we also have an article about best affordable rear tine tiller that you might want to read about it.
What Is A Tine Tiller
A tine tiller is a gardening tool that is used to till or tillage the soil. It is also known as a rotary tiller or a rototiller. It is a machine that has a tilling blade that is rotated by a motor. The tiller can be attached to a tractor or a garden cart, so it can be pulled through the soil at will.
They are usually made from steel and come in different sizes. Some have multiple blades for tilling large areas of land. Tines are mounted on a rotating shaft with wheels. Tines are spaced apart evenly along the length of the shaft. This allows them to cut into the ground. Tines are designed to be sharpened periodically to maintain their efficiency.
How Much Does A Rear Tine Tiller Cost
Rear tine tillers are a great option for those who have a lot of ground to cover. They are a little more expensive than a front tine tiller, but they are worth the investment. The average rear tine tiller costs $1200. You can get a rear tine tiller for $800-$900 if you shop around.
Benefits of using rear tine tiller
Rear tine tillers have a lot of benefits over their front tine counterparts. Here are the benefits using rear tine tiller:
- Can handle heavy work. When compared to other tillers, they are heavier. They need to weigh about 90 pounds. That’s why they are not recommended for people under 150 pounds. In addition, they can handle work up to 20 inches deep. Front tine models don’t last that long when working in hard clay soils. But rear tine tillers can handle anything. Soil type isn’t really an issue.
- Longer lasting. Rear tine models are built to last. They can be used for years without needing to be replaced. Front tine models are usually only good for one season. They wear down quickly because of how fast they cut into the ground. If your soil is loose, tines might break off easily too.
- Less time spent cutting. Tillers tend to take longer to use. Not only do they need to be operated manually, but they also have to be maintained. Since rear tine models are easier to operate, they spend less time being active. They may even turn themselves off after a certain amount of time.
- Easier to store. Because they are bigger than front tine models, they require more space to store. However, they’re easy to put away. Only a small area is needed to keep these tillers out of sight. Front tine models must stay outside, where they can be seen whenever anyone needs to use them. Rear tine models, however, can go right inside a shed or garage.
How To Maintain a Tiller
Mowing grass with a mower can help your lawn grow faster. There is also evidence that indicates that mowing reduces weeds. However, there are some things that should never be done while using a tiller. Here are a few tips to follow when maintaining a tiller:
- Do not walk on the blades. Even though rear tine tillers have larger blades than front ones, you still shouldn’t step onto them. Blades can get damaged or broken. Besides, walking on them could damage the unit itself.
- Keep the blades clean. Dirt can accumulate on the blades if they aren’t cleaned often enough. Cleaning them regularly keeps dirt from getting stuck between the teeth.
- Don’t overload the engine. As mentioned before, tills can be quite big. It’s best to avoid driving the engine past its capacity. Overloading it causes overheating, which damages the engine.
- Don’t run with the engine cold. Running an engine with no oil creates excessive heat. Coolant is added to the engine to prevent this kind of thing.
- Consider buying a new tiller every year. Tills can get worn out pretty quickly. After two seasons, most units won’t perform well anymore. Getting a new tiller every three years makes sure that you’ll always have a quality product.
Our Latest Post:
- What Is The Cause and Solution Of The White Spots on My Snake Plant? (2022)
- Bringing Nature Indoors: The Best Plants For Windowless Rooms (2023)
- Maintain the Perfect Balance: How to Achieve the Proper pH for Potting Mix for a Snake Plant with Tips for Snake Plant Care (2023)
Hello, I am Yoseph, in my spare time I become a gardener and music composer♬.
I love gardening because it is a wonderful way to feel grounded, calm and connected to the earth. There are many things about gardening that I enjoy; picking flowers in the summer, planting vegetables in the fall, and harvesting produce in the winter. I also love how beautiful my garden is, watching plants grow into tall trees or being able to see all of my hard work unfold every year??.
Its really help me to killing time and its also relaxing.