Lawn tractor wheels are available in many different sizes. They are designed to fit a specific lawn tractor. Do you know how to remove lawn tractor wheel? This is the reason why it is very important to know the exact size of your lawn tractor wheels before you go out and buy them. If you have any doubts about the size of your lawn tractor wheels, you can always ask your local supplier or dealer. They will be able to help you with this problem. In this blog, we also have an article about cub cade racing lawn mower that you might want to read about it.
Lawn tractors have a mid-mounted cutting deck, while for riding lawn mowers, the cutting deck is located under the front of the vehicle.”David Beaulieu, author from thespruce.com
How To Remove Lawn Tractor Wheel
Changing Front Wheels
- Ensure that the lawn tractor is parked on a level surface. Rather than parking the lawn tractor on the grass, it is preferable to park it on the driveway or a firm shop floor. Lift the mower up with a floor jack until the front tires are six inches off the ground.
- Install jack stands on either side of the frame and lower the jack until the frame rests on the jack stands. If the mower is being used on the lawn, lay a piece of plywood underneath the jack stands to prevent the jack stands from sinking into the grass.
- Remove the axle cover from the wheel’s center. You may peel the cover off with a little flathead screwdriver or grasp it with pliers and twist it off the axle.
- With a pair of needle tip pliers, pry the retaining ring away from the axle. Take hold of the ring on the closed side and pull straight away from the axle. If required, use a flathead screwdriver to expand the open portion of the ring, allowing it to slip off the axle.
- Remove the two washers from the axle and then the wheel.
A lawn tractor is typically a gas-powered machine that can cut a yard significantly faster than your run-of-the-mill push mower.”Jordan Almond, author from motorbiscuit.com
Changing Rear Wheels
- Place the lawn tractor on a level area and secure the back frame with the floor jack. Then, using the jack, raise the mower until the rear tires are six inches off the ground. Place the jack stands on either side of the jack underneath the frame. Reduce the jack until the weight of the mower is supported by the stands.
- Remove the axle cover from the center wheel axle and the axle’s retaining ring and two washers.
- With a pair of vice grips, grasp the square key’s end. The key is located between the wheel’s notch and the axle’s notch. Remove the key from the wheel and store it safely. Disconnect the wheel from the axle.
What Is Lawn Tractor
Lawn tractors are a power equipment used to cut grass and weed. They are powered by an engine that can be started using a key or by using a gas or electric starter. There are different types of lawn tractors. A walk-behind lawn tractor is the most common type of lawn tractor. It is the most popular because it can be easily maneuvered and the operator can do most of the work with his legs, which makes it more comfortable for the operator.
Another type of lawn tractor is garden tractor. Garden tractors have larger engines than walk behinds and they are usually bigger and heavier. The purpose of the garden tractor is to use the weight of the machine to pull large loads such as mowers, blower/vacs or other attachments. Lawn tractors also come in many sizes and shapes. Some lawn tractors are designed for compact jobs like trimming back trees and shrubs around buildings, while others are designed for heavy duty jobs like cutting down tall grass on soccer fields. Lawn tractors are also available with several features including lights, sprayers, snowplows, grills and even trimmers.
How to keep your lawn green?
If you want to maintain a beautiful lawn, you need to apply fertilizer regularly. Fertilizers help plants grow taller, healthier and stronger. You should always be sure to apply fertilizers at least once every two weeks. You should not over fertilize your lawn, however. Over fertilizing will make your lawn turn brown and unhealthy. If you are dealing with weeds, aerate them periodically. Aerating helps to remove dead soil from beneath those pesky weeds so that new growing shoots don’t take root there.