How To Make Log Splitter Faster
IN THIS ARTICLE:
So, how to make log splitter faster? There are many techniques to increase the speed of your log splitter. While many of them are obviously related to your cycle time, for the most part, it’s just a matter of upgrading components (or adjusting the way you use them). As a result, the first conceivable modification is to the hydraulic pump, which will aid in increasing fluid flow and speeding up the machine. This gets more costly, though, if the pump update demands a new engine to support it. If you’re interested in learning more about the technological components. You should also consider:
- The log size – this affects how long you have to wait before cutting the next piece. You could get a bigger one, or get a pair of scissors. I know some people who do this by hand!
- The log feeder – These come in different sizes and shapes, and affect how much wood goes through the machine at once. You can put more in the feeder but this means you’ll need to chop the wood and stack more often.
- Wheel width – this affects how big your wheeling tracks are and how wide your wheels can go across the track. A wider wheel allows a larger piece to fit onto the track. If you keep all the other parts constant, you can increase the width of the wheel.
- Hydraulic oil – There are many brands available, so choose carefully. They’re only one cause of a leaky log splitter; check the rest out as well.
A log splitter is a piece of machinery or equipment used for splitting firewood from softwood or hardwood logs that have been pre-cut into sections, usually by chainsaw or on a saw bench.”Wikipedia.org
A log splitting machine is a tool designed to split logs into usable lengths. Many logs cannot be utilized without being cut down into shorter sections. However, this process requires a great deal of effort, especially for large logs. For example, it must be done manually with heavy machinery and tools. With a log splitter, however, logs can be chopped down in seconds. Logs can then be utilized immediately after their split. This is why log splitting machines are important. You might also be interested in reading an article on this blog about the finest electric log splitters on Amazon.
Log splitters process firewood quickly, saving your back and time. Log splitters also allow you to cut logs of a similar size making stacking woodpiles and burning far more efficient.”SXM.com.au
Should I upgrade my log splitter?
If you’ve reached the stage where you’re considering updating individual components of your splitter, maybe it’s time to replace the whole unit? There are various possibilities, as you are surely aware: electric or gasoline? How many tons? How about an instruction manual? Once you’ve answered these and other questions, you’ll be able to locate the ideal splitter.
Benefits of log splitter
Using a log splitter is easy and very fast. Unlike chopping logs down yourself, you can do it in minutes instead of hours. This saves considerable amounts of labor cost. You can also make lumber that would otherwise be wasted and sell it for profit. Some of the benefits include:
- Easy to Use – Compared to traditional methods, a log splitter offers ease of use and convenience. Most models offer automatic controls, making things easier and quicker for the user. This makes using a log splitter a lot simpler than doing it manually with a chainsaw.
- Reduce Amount of Wood Waste – When splitting logs manually, you are required to keep a close watch over the pile of logs to ensure no pieces fall off. On the contrary, a log splitter automatically cuts off pieces as needed and throws the waste away. This reduces the amount of timber waste.
- Saves Time – Even though there are certain disadvantages to using a log splitter compared to manual methods, choosing a good model still saves you lots of time. Also, since you are not required to spend hours on the job, you can save money while working.
- No Need To Buy More Equipment – Since you already own a log splitter, you don’t need to buy another saw or axes. But if you want, you can add this equipment to complete the task.
- Better Quality Lumber – By making better quality lumber from logs, you end up saving money and gaining profits.