Why is my pressure washer leaking water? A leaking pressure washer is an expensive problem to have. It can damage your house and furniture, and can cause damage to the surrounding area as well. While a pressure washer is one of the most useful tools around, when it breaks down, you need to get it fixed fast. To find out the answer of the question above, read this article until the end. In this blog, we also have an article about best karcher pressure washer for home use that you might want to read about it.
Pressure washing or power washing is the use of high-pressure water spray to remove loose paint, mold, grime, dust, mud, chewing gum and dirt from surfaces and objects such as buildings, vehicles and concrete surfaces.Wikipedia.org
What is pressure washer
Pressure washer is a device that cleans surfaces with high pressure water jet. Pressure washer is used to clean different surfaces like walls, roofs, decks, patios, concrete and other surfaces. It can also be used to clean the driveways and sidewalks. The pressure from water jets is used to remove dirt, grime, mud etc. on the surfaces. It works best when there are no obstructions in the way of the water flow and it is directed at the surface evenly.
A pressure washer can help you quickly clean large areas of all kinds of hard outdoor surfaces.”Steve Conaway, author from cnet.com
Types of pressure washer
There are three types of pressure washers namely: manual, electric and gas powered ones. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Manual pressure washer uses hand operated pump which has to be started manually. This type of pressure washer cannot produce very high pressure or large volume of water. Electric pressure washer produces higher power than manual one but they need electricity for operation. Gas powered pressure washer generates more powerful stream of water than electric ones because they use natural gas as fuel. But these pressure washers require regular servicing.
Benefits of pressure washer
It is easy to operate. It does not need any special skills to use it. There are many people who have never learned how to use them so it provides an opportunity for them to learn. A person can do his/her work without having to go out. It is good for cleaning hard to reach places such as behind appliances, under sink, outside windows etc. It requires low maintenance. It is cost effective. It can easily be transported and stored.
Disadvantages of pressure washer
They may cause damage if used improperly. To avoid this problem make sure you get proper instructions before using it. High pressure affects water pipes and plumbing systems. You should always check the area where you want to clean to ensure there is no obstruction in its path. If you are not aware of any kind of obstruction then it’s better you don’t use pressure washer.
Why Is My Pressure Washer Leaking Water and How To Fix It
So, why is my pressure washer leaking water? If the pressure washer continuously leaks water at the bottom, from the high-pressure hose, or from the trigger handle, the following components may need to be replaced:
- Thermal release valve – While the thermal release valve is supposed to discharge water on a regular basis, if it is constantly spewing water, the valve is likely malfunctioning and must be replaced.
- Pump – If compressed air is not purged from the pump prior to operation, it may cause damage to the check valve, plungers, and unloader, causing the pump to malfunction and leak water.
- Check valve, plungers, and O-rings — While some pumps are offered as a whole system, others enable you to repair the pump by replacing the check valve, plungers, and O-rings individually.
- High-pressure hose — Only connect the intake pipe to the spray cannon using a specific high-pressure hose. The pressure rating of the hose should be greater than that of the pump, which should be 1,300 psi to 1,700 psi for electric versions and 2,000 psi to 3,200 psi for gas-powered units. A hose with a lower pressure rating than the pump might be broken and leak.
- If water is leaking around the trigger handle or high-pressure hose, you may need to replace the O-ring that lies between the spray wand and trigger handle, as well as the ones on each end of the hose.
Hello, I am Yoseph, in my spare time I become a gardener and music composer♬.
I love gardening because it is a wonderful way to feel grounded, calm and connected to the earth. There are many things about gardening that I enjoy; picking flowers in the summer, planting vegetables in the fall, and harvesting produce in the winter. I also love how beautiful my garden is, watching plants grow into tall trees or being able to see all of my hard work unfold every year??.
Its really help me to killing time and its also relaxing.